Intervention & Prevention Services
At White Oak Run, we provide customized comprehensive prevention services for organizations, schools, groups, families, friends, and workplaces, including interventions service activities that are sub-clinical or pre-treatment (ASAM .05) and designed to explore and address problems or risk factors that appear to be related to Substance Use Disorder (SUD), and/or to assist individuals in recognizing the harmful consequences or inappropriate substance use.
This small group educational program is designed to increase your awareness of the effects of alcohol and other drug use and reduce risk or harm associated with the use of alcohol and other drugs.
Whether you stepped forward on your own with questions or concerns or you were referred by your employer or your Employee Assistance Program, White Oak Run Recovery Center’s adult early intervention education services will provide you with important information and answers about alcohol and other drug use.
What You’ll Learn:
- How alcohol and other drug abuse impacts society. We will look at the economic cost, consequences for health care, the link to crime and violence, and the legal ramifications.
- How alcohol and other drugs affect brain function and health. We will explore brain anatomy, nerve cells, neurotransmission and the effects of drugs of abuse on the brain.
- What’s considered a “drug of abuse” and why. We will define and discuss the 10 general categories of drugs of abuse: Cannabinoids, opiates, inhalants, hallucinogens, steroids, cocaine, alcohol, prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, as well as, nicotine.
- How drug use impacts the workplace. We will examine issues around alcohol or other drug use in the workplace, including social and economic consequences.
- What’s the difference between use, abuse and addiction. We will identify the hallmarks of safe alcohol/other drug use, abuse, and dependence.
- Where to turn for more information and resources. We will provide you with a list of recommended publications and other resources for further information or assistance.
We know this can be a difficult time and at the White Oak Run Recovery Center we want no barriers to success. Learn to live sober in the most relaxing environment we can provide.
Call us 24/7 at
Contact Us Now